While we are all excited about the perks of fall like cool breezes, changing of leaves, enjoying hot cider, hanging out around the bonfires,wearing our favorite boots,comfy sweaters or our favorite jeans…. lets be real…. the transition between Summer & Fall can be quite difficult in the wardrobe department.
Since it is not quite time to pack away the summer maxis & bring out the heavy sweaters yet, we would LOVE to give you some simple tips we use to transition our maxi dresses & skirts from summer to fall a little easier & a whole lot more stylish.
Styling those Maxi Dresses & Summer Skirts-
1. You can extend the life of those summer maxi dresses by simply adding a jacket! A denim jacket, cardigan , warm colored kimono, cropped blazer or even a leather jacket thrown over your dress will provide an instant fun, relaxed casual look.
2. Pair bright pieces with a more muted, neutral piece. For an example… maybe your favorite summer maxi skirt is in a bright neon coral. You think it is too bright for fall… well don’t toss the skirt out quite yet… simply throw on a white, gray or black t-shirt to add “warmth” to your outfit. For chillier days throw on that jacket we talked about above. Another great way to style a bright maxi dress is to simply add on a chambray (denim top) over it, buttoning only a few buttons in the mid section & tying a knot in the open bottom half under the bust line(see one of our photos we grabbed from Pinterest below).
3. Don’t be afraid to LAYER & ACCESSORIZE! Probably one of our favorite tips that you can totally get creative with! For a cute, casual look throw on a light weight boyfriend sweater OVER your favorite flowy, maxi dress (or skirt). For day, add a Havana Hat or a LittleGypsie Turban for an extra bit of accessorizing. For a dressier or evening look, lose the hat, but add on a big statement necklace or even a belt to accent your waist line. Remember, once it gets really chilly you can always add an additional layer… Tights!
4. Switch out the shoes! Time to lose the flip flops ladies. While it is still a bit warmer you can wear those peep toe sandals & wedges, but once it really cools off, don’t be shy to throw on a cute pair of flats for day or your favorite ankle boots for night. The right basic pair of flats & ankle boots are universal for any outfit!
5. You can’t have enough scarves! Scarves just scream fall, so they are definitely something you need in your wardrobe. Just like sweaters, there are many different types of fabrics scarves can come in. Chose a thinner scarf if you’re just accessorizing, and a heavier scarf if you really need one for the cold weather!
We hope that makes your transition from summer to fall a little more enjoyable while getting dressed each morning. Don’t be shy to wear those summer maxis for another month or two, plus this is a fabulous time to grab them on sale (ie:see our sale album for great deals). Experiment & play around with layers & accessories. When you like an outfit you pieced together… snap a picture of it! It is always great to have something to reference back to when you are having an “off day” & “have nothing to wear in your closet”.
We would LOVE to see how you transition your LittleGypsies pieces so be sure to #littlegypsie or tag @littlegypsie in your photos on Facebook & Instagram.
Peace, Love & Gypsie-
Some key pieces from LittleGypsie Boutique to add to your wardrobe: Knitted turbans in new solids, Fringe Kimono in crochet lace, NEW Racerbacks in Autumn colors like Burgundy & Hunter Green& our new oversized sweaters to name a few. Questions on how to style any of our pieces for fall ?- just send us a message & we would be happy to help you style each piece in atleast two different ways!
Photo Sources: Pinterest, Culture of Design, Glamour, Lipships&fashion, GlamRadar, Unknown